On June 16, 1895 six charter members and thirteen individuals who chose to make proclamations of faith and become baptized came together in Linden, Missouri, for the organizational meeting of what would later become Linden Baptist Church. In 1904, land was purchased and the original white frame building was built. A new building, what is now the Sanctuary, was completed in 1957, and in 2003 the current addition of the educational space and Fellowship Hall were finished. In remembering our past and reaching toward our future we must never lose sight of our purpose of sharing the Gospel with the world, and knowing that times may change, facilities may change, people will come and go, but the faithfulness of God to those who seek to follow His leadership will forever remain unchanged.
To enlarge the kingdom of God by being the presence of Jesus Christ as led by the Holy Spirit in Gladstone, the Northland, and the world.
Statement of Faith
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, reliable and authoritative in matters of faith, and the basis of any statement of faith.